Paul Wheaton joins me to talk about his new Kickstarter and what he’s learned over very successful Kickstarter campaigns.
He also discusses what makes a good PC, choosing the right PDC, and how he deals with the constant hate that people throw his way.
We wrap up the conversation talking about doing epic s*** versus living a boring grey life.
Notes from the conversation with Paul:
- Tips on a creating a successful Kickstarter campaign:
- Have a good video.
- Respect your customer, hold the price, for at least a year.
- Offer some cheap, meaningful rewards.
- Many people price rewards too high.
- People don’t establish relationships to help promote ahead of time.
- Start your mailing list ahead of time.
- “Try 100 things, 2 will work out, and you never know in advance which 2.”
- “If you’re trying, your learning, you’re moving forward, you will definitely get something out of it.”
- “Failure, yes, plenty of it, I don’t see a way around it.”
Connect with Paul Wheaton: