Not every business will work, but over the course of a career odds are, one idea will work.
If you want to be an entrepreneur, then it’s up to you to smartly continue on until you find it. Because you can’t win the race, unless you finish the race.
But can you find that right idea?
Many of people don’t think that they can.
And it’s that defeating self talk that keeps many people from succeeding, and many more of even starting in the first place, thereby having no chance at future success.
This episode is geared at the entrepreneurs and the wantrepreneurs who are listening; the ones who think they can and the ones who think they can’t.
Because either way, you’re right.
In today’s show, I am talking with entrepreneur, and business owner Philippe Choiniere of Oneka.
Philippe didn’t have the ideal road to become a business owner (none of us do).
He started as as a professional hockey player and now finds himself owning a leading sustainable personal care products line.
Likely not the career path that he would have mapped out ahead of time.
But that’s the greatness of his path. It wasn’t that ideal path, it was the real path, the actual path, that took place in reality.
His journey wasn’t always easy, it was hard, but he pushed through and he now has a growing and profitable business.
Along the way he gained the equivalent of three real world MBA’s in the school of hard knocks. And he will share a lot of that with you in this episode.
He is going to talk extensively about his entrepreneurial journey. He is going to talk about what it feels like to deal with rejection and failure. And he is going to talk a lot about marketing and branding and some of the expensive lessons that he has learned along the way.
Philippe’s clearly learned a lot, and one tell to of that is the calmness and acceptance with which he states that everyone isn’t the right customer, and he is going to charge what his product is worth.
Enjoy this one.
Like the show? Then please support it on Patreon.
Notes from this episode with Philippe Choiniere
- “Marketing and branding will sell your product once. If the product is not good, people won’t buy it twice.”
- Finding the right customer…
- Everyone isn’t your customer
- Price your product to your customers who will buy, not the ones who don’t want to pay what it is worth
- The person who doesn’t value your product at X, likely won’t value it at 1/2 X.
- Some people will value it, and some people won’t, that’s OK.
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you’re right.”
- [BOOK] Stirring It Up: How to Make Money and Save the World by Gary Hirshberg
- [BOOK] Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth by T. Harv Eker
Rethinking Farm Products with Philippe Choiniere
DID YOU LIKE THIS EPISODE?
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW…
Permaculture Voices is listener supported by people just like you.
Please consider making a one time or reoccurring donation to support the show at Patreon.