“You carve the road as you go.” Curtis Stone
Farm Record Keeping – How to Approach it and Why It’s Important
- Keep good notes regarding: What are you selling? What were you short on?
- The the next year you can look back and see where you were short last year so you can adjust this year.
- In your review process was something planted to early, too late? Should you adjust next year.
- Take advantage of record keeping to maximize your labor efficiency.
- Not over packing product for farmers market. You can always prep up more product on the fly.
- Record keeping seems daunting, but it’s really not. Get in the habit of doing it. It’s critical to farm success.
The Urban Farmer by Curtis Stone
The Urban Farmer is a comprehensive, hands-on, practical manual to help you learn the techniques and business strategies you need to make a good living growing high-yield, high-value crops right in your own backyard (or someone else’s).
Major benefits include:
- Low capital investment and overhead costs
- Reduced need for expensive infrastructure
- Easy access to markets
Growing food in the city means that fresh crops may travel only a few blocks from field to table, making this innovative approach the next logical step in the local food movement.
Based on a scalable, easily reproduced business model, The Urban Farmer is your complete guide to minimizing risk and maximizing profit by using intensive production in small leased or borrowed spaces.
Connect with Curtis Stone